Bliss Animal Eye Care seeks to provide convenient specialized ophthalmology care for your loved ones. We work closely with your primary care veterinarian, this includes gathering information prior to your visit, phone calls to your veterinarian during and/or after the visit, as well as sending a complete summary to your veterinarian following the visit.
Any trip to the doctor can cause nervousness so we are careful to walk you through the entire examination and plan for the visit. Ophthalmic exams are noninvasive and can be performed in a short period of time reducing stress on your pet. Dr. Bliss’ bedside manner is impeccable and you will leave with a good understanding of the eye disease your pet may have and the steps for treatment.
Bliss Animal Eye Care provides farm calls to your facility. A dark stall is recommended for examination. Most ophthalmic examinations can be done on fully awake animals avoiding the cost and risks associated with sedation. Dr. Bliss works with several local equine facilities for surgical procedures as well.
Some of the services Bliss Animal Eye Care provides:
- Slit Lamp Biomicroscopy and Indirect Ophthalmoscopy
- Micro-incision Cataract Surgery with Artificial Lens Implantation
- Gonioscopy, Electroretinography, Ultrasonography
- Corneal Repair, Grafting, and Reconstruction
- Nasolacrimal Repair and Reconstruction
- Blepharoplasty; Oncological Eyelid Reconstruction
- Glaucoma Treatment - Goniovalves, Diode Laser Cycophotocoagulation
- Dry Eye Surgical and Medical Management
- Surgical Intra-Ocular Prosthesis alternative to Enucleation
- Medical therapy for inflammatory and infectious eye diseases
- Breed Eye Certifications (OFA)